Jamaica Red Cross Code of Conduct
The Jamaica Red Cross is a charitable not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing service to those in need. The Red Cross has traditionally demanded and received the highest ethical performance from its volunteers and paid staff. In an effort to maintain the highest standard of conduct expected and deserved by the public and to enable the organization to continue to offer services required by those in need, the Jamaica Red Cross operates under the following Code of Conduct, applicable to all volunteers and paid staff.
Code of Conduct
No volunteer or paid staff member shall:
- Authorize the use of or use the benefit or advantages of any person, the name, emblem, endorsements, services, or property of the Jamaica Red Cross, except in conformance with the Jamaica Red Cross policy.
- Accept or seek, on behalf of himself or any other person, any financial advantage or gain of other than nominal value which may be offered as a result of the volunteer’s or paid staff’s affiliation with the Jamaica Red Cross.
- Publicly utilize any Jamaica Red Cross affiliation in connection with the promotion of partisan politics, religious matters, or positions on any issue not in conformity with the official position of the Red Cross.
- Disclose any confidential Red Cross information that is available solely as a result of the volunteer’s or paid staff member’s affiliation with the Jamaica Red Cross to any person not authorized to receive any such confidential information, without the expressed authorization of the Jamaica Red Cross.
- Knowingly take any action or make any statement intended to influence the conduct of the Jamaica Red Cross in such a way as to confer any financial benefit on any person, corporation, or entity in which the individual has a significant interest or affiliation.
- Operate or act in any manner that is contrary to the best interest of the Jamaica Red Cross. In the event that the volunteer’s or paid staff’s obligation to operate in the best interest of the Jamaica Red Cross conflicts with the interest of any organization in which the individual has a finical interest or an affiliation, the individual shall disclose such conflict to the Jamaica Red Cross upon becoming aware of it, shall absent himself or herself from the room during deliberations of the matter, and shall refrain from participating in any decisions or voting in connection with the matter.